Current vacancy announcements:
Fundamental conditions of employment, essential duties, obligations and privileges of staff members as well as general provisions to be followed in the process of recruitment are laid down in the Rules of the IPU Secretariat and in the various Staff Regulations.
From time to time, IPU engages interns and enrols consultants for work on projects of technical assistance to parliaments. Conditions of internships and consultancies are set out separately in this section of the site.
The guiding principle in the selection of candidates is to secure the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity.
- We do not discriminate on any grounds and are committed to promoting diversity in our workforce.
- We aim to achieve a broad representation of member country nationals and improve gender balance.
- We strive to provide an environment where the contribution of each individual is valued.
- Selection of staff is normally made on a competitive basis.
In addition to these essential features, which are common to all professional posts, each vacancy has its own specific requirements. In general, our employees are expected to possess the following qualities:
- Motivation and a strong commitment to the principles of the IPU
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- High level of technical knowledge
- University degree in a field linked directly to the one of the areas of our activities
- Good analytical skills, solution focused and demonstrable accountability
- Excellent communication skills
- Work experience at national and/or international level
- Proficiency in at least one of the official languages of the IPU (English, French) and a working knowledge of a second language. Additional languages are an asset
- Experience: two to three years’ experience for junior professionals (P2/P3); four to eight years’ experience for middle-ranking professionals (P4); more than ten years’ experience, including management experience, for management professionals (P5)
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW
Candidates are requested to fill out a IPU job application form and forward it, together with a motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae/bio-data, to the IPU Secretariat in Geneva. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted personally and invited for interviews.
The duly filled application form and accompanying documents should be sent by post, fax or e-mail to:
5, chemin du Pommier
Case postale 330
CH-1218 Le Grand-Saconnex/Geneva
Fax: +41 22 919 41 60