|>>> VERSION FRANÇAISE|
|Chemin du Pommier 5, Case postale 330, CH-1218 Le Grand-Saconnex/Geneva, Switzerland|
Adopted in March 2014 and amended in April 2017
The Forum of Young Parliamentarians is a permanent body of the IPU dedicated to enhancing the quantitative and qualitative participation of youth in parliaments and in the IPU.
1. The objectives of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians are as follows:
(a) Broaden diversity and inclusiveness by increasing the presence of young parliamentarians at IPU Assemblies and meetings;2. Through its action, the Forum will contribute to achieving the objectives of the IPU.
2. It shall debate subject items placed on the agenda of the Assembly from a youth perspective and make recommendations to Committees, Groups and the Governing Council.
3. The Forum of Young Parliamentarians shall debate other youth-related issues and report back on them to the Governing Council.
1. The Members of the IPU shall be represented at the meetings of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians by their delegates who are below the age of 45 years.
2. Other delegates interested in youth issues may also attend the meetings of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians in an observer capacity.
1. An elected bureau, known as the "Board of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians", shall represent the Forum of Young Parliamentarians and conduct its work.
2. The Board shall draw up the convocations of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians in consultation with the Secretary General, who gives effect to the relevant decisions taken by the Governing Council and the Assembly.
3. The Board shall be composed of two representatives from each of the IPU geopolitical groups, a man and a woman.
4. The Board shall be elected every two years.
5. Officers shall be elected or re-elected at the first annual session of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians by an absolute majority of the votes cast.
6. The Board shall be presided over by a President, who shall be a member of the Board. He/she shall be elected by the members of the Board.
7. A president shall be elected every two years. The same president cannot hold office for two consecutive terms. Gender and geopolitical rotation are mandatory at each election of the president. A separate vote shall be held by secret ballot whenever there is more than one candidate of the same sex and geopolitical group for the position of president of the Board.
8. In conformity with the provisions of Article 25.1 of the IPU Statutes the President of the Board of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians shall be an ex officio member of the IPU Executive Committee.
9. The youngest member of the Board present shall replace the President in his/her absence.
10. The President shall open, suspend and close sittings, direct the work of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians, see that the Rules are observed, call upon speakers, put questions to a vote, make known the results of voting and declare the sessions closed.
11. The President shall report back on the work of the Board to the Forum of Young Parliamentarians.
1. The Forum of Young Parliamentarians shall appoint rapporteurs to prepare “youth overview reports” on the subject items placed on the agenda of the Assembly. These reports shall include recommendations from a youth perspective on the items placed on the agenda of Committees and/or Groups. All members of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians may contribute to the youth overview reports by debating and submitting their suggestions and comments to the rapporteurs. The reports shall be debated at the meetings of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians and using information and communication technology tools. The final reports shall remain the responsibility of their respective authors.
2. The rapporteurs shall attend Committee and Group sessions to present their reports and recommendations.
3. The rapporteurs shall give an objective account of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians’ work, taking into consideration the views of the majority and minority.
1. The agenda of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians shall be communicated to all Members of the IPU by the Secretary General, who gives effect to the decisions taken by the Governing Council and the Assembly.
2. The conclusions of the Forum of Young Parliamentarians and its Board shall be presented by the President of the Board to the Governing Council and the Assembly.
At statutory Assemblies, the work of the Forum shall be conducted within the framework of existing practical arrangements and human resources.
HOME PAGEMAIN AREAS OF ACTIVITYIPU STRUCTURE AND DOCUMENTS