We offer advisory and consultancy services on the role and working methods of parliaments, as well as the development of MPs and staff to parliaments across the world so they can fulfil their mandate effectively.
We deploy suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are either MPs—serving or retired—parliamentary staff, or subject matter experts from a roster maintained for this purpose.
Drawing upon our global network of Members for expertise and experience, much of this support work is done on a pro bono basis. At all times, the IPU covers travel and living expenses of experts who undertake missions on our behalf.
Candidates must meet minimum qualifications for specific activities. These often include:
- A university degree (or equivalent) in political or social science, public administration, governance and development-related studies, economics, international relations, etc.
- At least five years’ experience working in a parliamentary setting (as an MP or member of staff)
- Previous parliament-related capacity-building work and/or comparable experience of other parliaments in your area of expertise
- Relevant subject matter expertise
- Fluency in at least one of our working languages: English and French. Knowledge of other languages, particularly Arabic and Spanish is required on a case-by-case basis
Candidates are requested to fill out the form below and to forward it together with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only completed forms and CVs will be considered.
Due to the numerous applications that we receive, we are unable to acknowledge applications. Only people whose application is under serious consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants remain on our books for two years, after which they are asked to reapply.