|Parliament name (generic / translated)
||Parlamento / Parliament
|Structure of parliament
|Chamber name (generic / translated)
||Cámara de los Diputados / Chamber of Deputies
|Related chamber (for bicameral parliaments)
Senado / Senate
||6 May 2012
(Law No.7 / 2012)
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 100
||Multi-member constituencies corresponding to the country's administrative units.
Closed party-list proportional representation system.
Political parties and coalitions contesting the election must surpass a 10 per cent threshold to win parliamentary representation.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- Citizenship of Equatorial Guinea
- Age: over 18 years old
- Full possession of civil and political rights
||- Be a citizen of Equatorial Guinea over 25 years of age.
- Be in full possession of one's civil and political rights.
- Be a native or have taken up residence in an electoral district and have been registered as living there in the census.
- Know how to read and write properly.
- Have been declared a candidate in accordance with the present Law.
||- Those subject to a sentence depriving them of their liberty, for the duration of the sentence.
- Even if the sentence does not involve imprisonment, those convicted of electoral fraud, rebellion, breaches of State security or attacks on the life, physical integrity or liberty of persons.
- Church ministers of any religion.
- Members of a political party other than the one for which they ran as candidates.
- Persons who, having opted for a foreign nationality, have not given up such a nationality as provided for by law.
||Candidacy by registered political parties or electoral coalition.