|Parliament name (generic / translated)
||Assemblée nationale / National Assembly
|Structure of parliament
|Chamber name (generic / translated)
||Chambre des Députés / Chamber of Deputies
|Related chamber (for bicameral parliaments)
Sénat / Senate
||2 March 2015
Last modification: 13 March 2015
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 119
||119 single-member constituencies.
Majority system with a possible second round.
To win a seat in the first round, candidates must obtain 50 per cent of the valid votes or have a lead equal to or greater than twenty-five per cent of the valid votes over the candidate with the second-highest number of votes. If no candidate satisfies these conditions in the first round, a second round is held. An absolute majority is no longer required in that round.
Vacancies arising between general elections are filled through by-elections, unless those vacancies occur during or following the last ordinary session of the legislature.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- age: 18 at the time of registration
- Haitian citizenship
- full political and civil rights
- residence in the country
- disqualifications: imprisonment, insanity/mental illness, conviction for a criminal offence, persons under guardianship/wards, holders of temporary entry permits, undocumented immigrants
||- qualified electors
- age: 25 at the time of registration
- Haitian citizenship by birth
- full possession of civil and political rights
- residence in the constituency concerned for at least two consecutive years
- ownership of real property or employment/trade in the constituency
- ineligibilities: imprisonment, insanity/mental illness, conviction of a criminal offence, persons under guardianship/wards, holders of temporary entry permits, undocumented immigrants, executives and members of the Electoral Commission
||- managers of public funds, who may stand for election but are relieved of their duties if elected
- government contractors
- representatives or agents of individuals, companies or corporations that are government contractors
- delegates, deputy-delegates, judges and ministry officials who did not resign at least six months before the elections
- members of the executive branch and directors general of public administration bodies who did not resign at least one year before the elections
||- monetary deposit of 5,000 gourdes
- one half of the deposit is reimbursed for political parties winning at least 2 per cent of the valid votes nationwide