The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) is the global organization of national parliaments. It was founded 130 years ago as the first multilateral political organization in the world, encouraging cooperation and dialogue between all nations. Today, the IPU comprises 179 national Member Parliaments and 12 regional parliamentary bodies. It promotes democracy and helps parliaments become stronger, younger, gender-balanced and more diverse. It also defends the human rights of parliamentarians through a dedicated committee made up of MPs from around the world. Twice a year, the IPU convenes over 1,500 parliamentary delegates and partners in a world assembly, bringing a parliamentary dimension to global governance, including the work of the United Nations and the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The IPU’s current website www.ipu.org was redeveloped and a new version launched in September 2019. In addition, the IPU’s open database platform on national parliaments, Parline (http://data.ipu.org) was also redeveloped last year.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to select one or more suppliers to ensure maintenance, support and change management for www.ipu.org and http://data.ipu.org in the form of a 12-month service level agreement, renewable to the end of 2022.
Proposals will preferably cover both www.ipu.org and http://data.ipu.org, but suppliers also have the option to bid on just one of the websites.
The two websites of the IPU are its main communications tools, reinforcing its position as a knowledge hub for and about parliaments.
The supplier(s) will be asked to provide maintenance, support, and change management services for both websites to keep abreast of web developments and ensure optimal performance across all digital platforms.
The main audiences of IPU websites are its members, made up of national parliaments and MPs from all over the world. Secondary audiences include IPU partner organizations (UN agencies and civil society) as well as media, academics and students. The international donor community is also an importance audience for the IPU.
The IPU website www.ipu.org is built using Drupal 8.7.6 and is hosted on Platform.sh
The Parline website http://data.ipu.org is built on Drupal 7.59 and hosted on Platform.sh
The IPU and Parline websites are in the official languages of the IPU, namely English and French.
- Scope of work
- Maintenance including Drupal updates, source code storing and backup, patch updates and monthly reporting.
- Support including bug-fixing and incident management
- Change management including the implementation of new features and functionalities.
4. Expected overall deliverables
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the IPU Communications Director, the Programme Manager for Parliamentary Standards and Knowledge, and working closely with the IPU Web and Social Media Editor, the supplier(s) will implement a Services Level Agreement for the maintenance, support and change management of the IPU’s two websites.
- Project Timeline
Proposals should be submitted no later than: 15 February 2021
Proposals will be evaluated immediately thereafter and the supplier chosen in time for a contract to start in March 2021
- Content of response
Proposals should contain the following:
- Your company’s qualifications, credentials and bios of core team
- Brief narrative to describe how you would approach the project
- Three case studies demonstrating similar experience
- Detailed cost proposal for the services of maintenance, support and change management including hourly rates. Please indicate clearly if the bid covers both www.ipu.org and http://data.ipu.org or just one of these websites.
- Any additional new creative ideas (optional)
- Criteria for selection
The IPU will evaluate each proposal and may contact the top proposals for follow-up questions or face-to-face meeting.
The IPU will choose the supplier based on the following criteria:
- Experience of the company
- Technical expertise and flexibility to accommodate the proposed timeline
- Quality of portfolio / past work
- Cost proposal