The 2019 Impact Report looks back at the results of IPU’s work over the year.
In 2019, the IPU celebrated its 130th anniversary with events—organized both by the IPU and by Members—and an exhibition highlighting the Organization’s history.
Some of the IPU’s achievements in 2019:
- Parliamentarians meeting at IPU’s 141st Assembly in Serbia passed the first-ever parliamentary resolution on universal health coverage.
- The IPU published new guidelines on how to make parliaments safe spaces free from harassment and abuse.
- The IPU Committee on the Human Rights of Parliamentarians examined the cases of 533 MPs, the second-highest number in the Committee’s 40-year history.
- The Common Principles for Support to Parliaments received 39 new endorsements from national parliaments.
- A survey of Member parliaments found that 75 per cent of respondents had taken concrete action after IPU meetings, and 31 per cent had put in place new legislation as a direct result of IPU assemblies, programmes, initiatives and resolutions.
Find out more by downloading the publication or going to the online version.