Organizational setting and reporting relationships
The Consultant will work under the supervision of the Director of the MPER Division and directly with the Conference Services Officer as well as with other Secretariat members in the organization of virtual events and other related fields.
The Consultant will assist the Conference Services Officer and the MPER Division with the following deliverables:
- Support the IPU in organizing virtual and hybrid meetings and enhance its in-house capacity to organize such events.
- Review of the Simultaneous Interpreting Delivery Platforms (SIDPs) and cloud-based conferencing platforms currently being used by the IPU.
- Identify the appropriate platform for the event being organized by the IPU (webinar, workshop, regional meetings, global conferences, etc.), often multilingual.
- Make the necessary arrangements for digital meetings, as requested by the IPU substantive officers.
- Review the tools in use at the IPU (Event Registration System (ERS), Assembly App, etc.) with a view to proposing a comprehensive approach to the organization of virtual and hybrid events.
- Propose other tools on the market that would complement current working methods in the organization of digital meetings.
- Contact the sales teams of the SIDPs identified for the 2021 global events and obtain negotiated quotes.
- Prepare a comparative review of digital platforms to propose the most suitable one for the digital meetings.
- Support the IPU in the running of the first 2021 Assembly (26 to 30 May), virtual or hybrid format.
- Identify needs and build in-house capacity on virtual conferences, with supporting documentation and guidelines for future reference.
- Any other deliverables as may be deemed necessary.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Division for Member Parliaments and External Relations
- Secretariat staff in general
- SIDP service providers, and ERS/App developers
High quality outputs, speedy delivery of services, successful organization of virtual and hybrid events, comprehensive documentation and guidelines for future reference.
Education: University degree in event management (or equivalent experience) with particular expertise in digital meetings, virtual and hybrid events.
Language: A perfect command of written and spoken English, and a good knowledge of French or other UN languages an advantage.
Experience: At least 3 years of work experience in a similar or relevant field.
Other skills: Excellent knowledge of digital event organization tools and good communication skills.
The consultancy is for the period of 15 February to 30 June 2021.
The consultancy is being offered at CHF 300 per day.
The position will be based in Geneva, however, it is expected that the consultant will work primarily offsite.
How to apply
Applications should be addressed to the:
Director, Support Services
5, chemin du Pommier
Case postale 330
CH-1218 le Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 22 919 41 50
Fax: +41 22 919 41 60
Applications should be received on or before 23 January 2021. In order to ensure prompt and efficiency processing of your application, you are required to provide, along with your curriculum vitae, a detailed covering letter explaining how you meet each of the requirements of the position with concrete examples.
Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.