The third Global Parliamentary Report will focus on how parliaments engage with different publics. Public engagement is essential. It improves the quality of legislation and oversight and responds to public demand to be involved in political life beyond periodic general elections.
The report will collect, analyse and share good practices in all forms of public engagement, from information, communication and education to consultation and participation in parliamentary work.
The report is written for everyone who wants to build closer relations between parliament and the people. Based on original research with parliaments, civil society organizations and many others, the report will draw out current trends in public engagement and identify good practice examples. It will make recommendations to support parliaments in integrating public engagement into their work.
Country and thematic case studies will be published on this page as they are completed. Full publication is scheduled for October 2021. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Ways to take part
There are many ways in which stakeholders can contribute to research for the third Global Parliamentary Report.
- Key informant interviews with parliamentarians and parliamentary staff
- Questionnaire for parliaments. Deadline: 9 October
For other stakeholders
General call: Has your organization been engaged with parliament? If so, we would greatly appreciate your feedback. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with: :
- Details of how your organization has engaged with parliament (why, when, who, how)
- Details of your organization (name, location, main area(s) of work, and approximate membership of your organization, as well as whether it is local, national, or regional in scope) and who to contact for follow-up questions
- Youth engagement (September 2020)
- Civil society engagement (November 2020)
- Public engagement at a time of Covid-19 (November 2020)
- Gender equality in public engagement (December 2020)
- Assessing the impact of public engagement activities (January 2021)
Contact email@example.com for more information or to take part in interviews and focus groups.
If you would like to be kept informed as the report progresses, please e-mail us your contact details.
About the Global Parliamentary Report
The Global Parliamentary Report is a joint publication of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). For this third Global Parliamentary Report we are partnering with Civicus to collect information about the experiences of civil society organizations in working with parliament.
The first two editions focused on: